VEN CLEAN AIR RTO
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO)
The regenerative thermal oxidizer from Venjakob Umwelttechnik with its low consumption of primary energy is particulary well suited to the removal of low to medium concentrations of solvend based pollutants (VOC). This machine is characterized by:
- The efficient removal of pollutants in compliance with the German Ta Luft (Technical instructions on Air Quality Control) and the VOC Regulations
- Very high efficiency
- Suitability for various applications
- Compact design
- Low operating costs
- Exhaust air volume flow rates from approx 1.500 - 100.000 m³/h
- Cleaning of low to medium concentrations of pollutants in the exhaust air
- Advantage: Low primary energy consumption due to the high efficiency of the heat exchanger
The regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO for short) embodies the state of the art technology for cleaning organic pollutants from exhaust gases (including VOCs).
The systems ordinarily feature three alternately supplied heat exchanger chambers equipped with ceramic honeycombs. This material is suitable for absorbing, storing, and transferring very high amounts of heat. This allows a heat exchanger efficiency of over 95% to be achieved, so that the process temperature above 800 °C, which is required for the pollutant conversion, can be reached with a minimum of additional energy.
Consequently, depending on the combustion heat of the pollutants to be cleaned, autothermal operation can be accomplished for most applications without the need for additional fuel.
With careful planning, the excess heat of combustion can be effectively utilized so that the overall system can be viewed as an energy source rather than as an energy consumer.
We can offer a variety of special solutions depending on the application:
- Stainless steel lining or inner coating with acid resistant materials
- Additional external insulation
- Flameless gas injection for fuel savings in non autothermal operation
- Use of custom heat storage elements, including saddles
- Various designs: standing, lying and compact
- 2-, 3-, 4- or 5- chamber versions or with buffer tank
- Hot gas recirculation for preheating the incoming noxious gases
- Burnout devices
- Combination with various heat recovery systems (heat transfer fluid, hot water, hot air, etc.)